Next Scenes is a web-based content development system that aims to develop a content
from a pool of ideas contributed by various creative minds. The platform attempts to
provide forums for latent creative writers who may not otherwise be able to write a
full book on their own. By expressing their views on story lines through the
contributions of Story Bursts, potential writers are able to release all their latent
creative energies and Nextscenes will harness the products of the world's best creative
minds into very compelling reading materials.
HOW IT WORKS
All Contributors, the Power Users, are required to participate under a pseudonym. The ultimate goal is to compile books from the best inputs from these different sources: inputs with the most compelling contents. The successful Contributors will also benefit from the sales of the books when they are eventually published but in proportion to their contributions.
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- Use of Your Information by The Nextscenes Family of Companies
- Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
- Your Controls and Choices
- Children's Privacy
- Data Security, Integrity and Retention
When you access our Web site, general non-personal information (Internet browser used, number of visits, average time spent on site, pages viewed) is recorded automatically (not as part registration). This information is used to gauge our Web site's appeal and to improve its content and functionality. Your data is not processes any further nor is it transmitted to third parties.
1. Types of Information We
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information . We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account,including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender,date of birth, email address, username and password
- Transaction information you provide when you request information orpurchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or throughour applications, including your postal address, telephone number andpayment information
- Information you provide in public forums on oursites and applications
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group usingour message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted bylaw to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites andapplications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms suchas social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party siteor platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our sites or use ourapplications, including location information either provided by amobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications(including through beacon technologies), or associated withyour IP address , where we arepermitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifieror IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications onthird-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flashcookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites andapplications or use our applications on third-party sites orplatforms.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update orsupplement the information you provided or we collected automatically.Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share yourinformation with us before we can acquire it.
3. Use of Your Information by
NextScenes and Family
A member of The NextScenes Family which includes many different brands, will be the data controller for your information. The relevant data controller(s) can be determined here . Other members of The NextScenes Family of Companies may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor ) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us andsend you information about features on our sites and applications orchanges to our policies
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may beavailable to you:
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate ourpolicies or be illegal
- When you allow us to share your personal information with anothercompany, such as:
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like packagedelivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibitedfrom using your personal information for purposes other than thoserequested by us or required by law
5. Your Controls and
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters andalerts
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions forour products and services, or products and services that we think maybe of interest to you
- You may choose whether we share your personalinformation with other companies so they can send you offersand promotions about their products and services
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many adnetworks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other serviceproviders here
- You may request access to the personal information we hold aboutyou and that we amend or delete it
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal
information, by visiting Communication Choices, contacting Guest Services, or following instructions
provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to
collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products
and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your
interests and preferences.
6. Children's Privacy
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications. Some of the features on our sites and applications are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children's privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices withregard to children, including the types of personal information we maycollect from children, the uses to which we may put that information,and whether and with whom we may share that information
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parentsfor the collection of personal information from their children, or forsending information about our products and services directly to theirchildren
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to nomore than is reasonably necessary to participate in an onlineactivity
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personalinformation we have collected from their children and the ability torequest that the personal information be changed or deleted
7. Data Security, Integrity
All content (text, images, graphics, sound, video and animation files as well as their grouping etc.) on our Web site are protected by copyright law and other protective laws. This legal protection also extends to databases and similar facilities. Content is only free for viewing and use as directed view on the internet. The content of these Web site may not be duplicated, distributed, changed or made accessible to third parties in any form beyond the confines of copyright law without our prior written permission. Furthermore, several areas in our Web site contain images that are copyrighted by third parties. Wherever not otherwise specified. All trademarks on our Web sire are protected by trademark law.
All information contained in this Internet offering was carefully checked. We make every effort to continually extend and update the available information. However, we cannot guarantee that the materials contained herein is complete, correct and absolutely up-to-date. We make this information available without any sort of explicit or implicit promise or guarantee. We rule out any liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly by using this Web site, as far as they are not attributable to intention or gross negligence on our part. For loss of data our liability is limited to the expenses for restoring the data from a data backup, regardless of whether such backup exists or not.